Sunday, July 26, 2009

Home Sweet Home

We made it to our new home in Lawrence on Thursday afternoon. This of course was my first time to see it and I was really pleased with it! It definitely needed some paint on the walls since the carpet, walls, and tile were all beige! Blah!! Thanks to Tony & Carmen, Mike & Liz, dad, and Laura we were able to get paint on almost all the walls, which has made a huge difference in the look of the place. I love it. Not only did that crew of people paint, they unloaded the truck! I can't believe how hard everyone worked and how much we accomplished in one day. We could not have done it without them. We are still unpacking and organizing items which we will probably be doing for awhile yet. Mavie is adjusting to the new place. He followed me pretty closely at first to make sure he wasn't left anywhere, but now he's been left alone a few times and seems to be doing fine. His allergies on the other hand seem to be worse. Poor little guy! Well, just wanted to get a quick blog up. We are at Panera using the internet since ours isn't set up yet.

PS...KS is quite warm. Thank goodness for AC!!

4 comments:

Laura said...

It is good to have you here. Had fun today shopping and resting in the drapery aisle of Bed, Bath and Beyond. Sometimes we just need a break.

Nate Sapp said...

Bring on the Kearney Retreat! But either way, Nate and I definitely need to make a trip to Lawrence.
Erika

Michelle said...

Kearney retreat!!! Yea! BUT, I can't travel more than 2 hours until after baby is here. There is talk of a Tiff and Michelle baby shower in September or October but I haven't heard more of it (we will have to talk to Heidi). Maybe we can turn that into a KGR? I have (HAVE) to see Tiffany pregers...I bet she's SOOOO cute :)

tiff said...

I just look awkward and lumpy. :) I'm game for any kind of get together!