Saturday, June 13, 2009

Lasagna

I'm trying to write about things other than being pregnant and babies every once and awhile. Although I tend to write about what is going on with me, and that's a major part of me right now...literally...none of my pants fit.
After a few months break from cooking, I've headed back into the recipe box to continue testing all those never been tried recipes I have in there. So Lasagna. I need a re-do for the "lasagna" I made this week. I'll give a little back ground on the why I think it was a bust. So one of my favorite high school cafeteria foods was the lasagna (and the noodles/potatoes and the blonde brownies). Through my mom, we got ahold of the head lunch lady and got recipes for these favorites of mine. Of course the recipes were for like 300 servings. So I had to do some math to break it down into a reasonable recipe size, which included fractions so I had to try to remember a little of what I learned in school to figure out the school recipes. Well anyway, I must have given up at some point with the whole math thing b/c my lasagna recipe is a little vague. It was dry, with hard noodles. Not at all like I remembered it being. I removed the noodles and used it as chip dip. HOWEVER, I am not discouraged. I am going to make some tweaks to the vague-ness and give it another go around...because it's going to be THAT good when I get it right. I really did love lasagna day at school. It didn't have any of that weird textured, "make you want to dig around it" ricotta cheese in it. Ahh, memories.

2 comments:

Big Papa said...

That determination & willingness to try new things is what's going to make you a great mom! Love ya!

tiff said...

You're funny.