So I am 13 weeks/3 months prego. It was always a little irritating when prego women would say "I'm 107 weeks pregnant", b/c it required me to do math in an instant. So I'll try to put the month up there too for all the other slow math-doers. :) We just had our second Dr. appt yesterday which was 10 minutes long. She came in, whipped out a little contraption and said, "we are going to listen for the heartbeat. Sometimes the baby is moving around and we can't find..." She was cut off by a "boom, boom, boom, boom, boom" from my gut. It was a little weird that there was a heartbeat coming from my gut...what did I eat? Just kidding. It was also neat to hear it, but at that moment I really realized that I haven't REALLY made the connection that I AM PREGNANT and that means there is a human growing inside of me. Does anyone else think that is just a little weird?
I've been sick for about 2 months which has contributed to my not blogging, but we also wanted the chance to get to KS to tell the rest of the family in person before it hit facebook.
After the dr. appt yesterday, I did buy a "diaper" bag. It's more like a bag that I will use for all that jazz. Here it is! This was a fun purchase!
5 comments:
As much as you like shopping for accessories, the baby world is going to open up myriads of opportunities! Not only that, but everyone you know is going to buy you stuff. :)
Mike is right...lots of fun baby stuff. :)
And you're right too. It is really strange when I think about a human being actually living inside of me. Nate called our girls "parasites" when they were in the womb. :) It's really true.
I'm glad you have found a fun "diaper" bag. I hope the sickness goes away and the pregnancy drops help that. I like that you are doing the math for me.
1. I'm soo excited for you. I know Em and Matt will make the best aunt and uncle ever.
2. I sure hope you are never 107 weeks pregnant.
3. I SO know what you mean about the heartbeat. You aren't showing, so the heartbeat is the only thing reminding you that it's for real. YOU'RE GOING TO BE A MOMMY!
4. Hopefully you start to feel better now. :D
YES!YES!YES! I sometimes still think it's strange that a baby is GROWING inside of me. When you get further along and you see your belly moving it will be even stranger!! I'm very happy for you and have been looking around for black baby clothes. Remember when you said if you had a baby you wanted to find black baby clothes?? I do and I've seen them around if you can believe it! Ok...can't wait to talk to you one night this week. We have our first baby prep course starting Wednesday night. How's Thursday night for you around 6:00 my time?
Post a Comment