Today was Ryan and I's 2nd Monday off together and I have been refusing to let us waste the precious day that we have to hangout. So today we kicked off the morning with a 4 mile hike around the Issaquah Tradition Plateau area. Had a mild encounter with a dog/bear/dog. I look up the trail and I see what I first think is a dog charging down the trail at us. Then it looked straight at us and it looked like a bear. This is when my heart dove into my stomach and shot up like that ride at Worlds of Fun into my neck. Before I turned to run, I determined it was a dog but none the less running straight at us. I still turned around and walked quickly the other way!! So we altered our path and enjoyed one of the other trails up on the plateau. From their we went into Seattle to Lake Union and rented a kayak and headed out for our first kayaking experience. The weather was so perfect today and the water was really nice. We are thinking that our arms may be sore in the morning, but good sore. I really loved the kayaking on calm waters of the lake. I don't know that I would enjoy it out in the Sound as much where you have no idea what could be lurking beneath you. Some people kayak all the way up to Alaska! That would involve camping...
Then tonight we were able to celebrate Matt's b-day at one of his favorite restaurants in the area, McCormick and Schmicks. The halibut was wonderfully delish!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATT!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I thought you were going to say you finally got to see that bear! Mom
I hope I never ever see one charging at me!!
Post a Comment