Thursday, September 11, 2008

Holy Crap...60 miles.


Well, it's here! I am setting out to walk 60 miles over the course of the next three days. I am excited for the experience, nervous about my legs holding up, inspired by the whole thing, grateful for a great weather forecast, and weary about getting up at 4:30 a.m. to get ready to meet Em at 5:30 to head off to the opening ceremonies. So we found out that the campsite is less than a mile from Em's house so some call it cheating but we call it comfortableness...we are going to skip the whole camping thing and sleep at her house in beds. We will stay until all the activities for the evening are over and get back to camp before the walk. It's totally legal, we just have to check out of camp and check back in. I'm pretty sure a lot of people will be doing that...if I know Bellevue, and I do.

I have my butt pack (not a fanny pack). It holds a water bottle and a few other miscellaneous things which will include bandaids for sore feet. So we'll just see how it goes!! Here goes crazy!!

2 comments:

Erika said...

Go Tiff Go!!!

Laura said...

I'm sure you are at home with your feet up and resting, but when you have recovered, how did it go?