Please help! I am getting closer to completing the required fundraising goal of $2200 for the 3 Day Walk for Breast Cancer. The walk is September 12-14 and my sister and I will trek 60 miles in 3 days, whilst camping...yup, I'm camping. No hair dryers, make-up, or cute shoes...pure roughin' it. Pink tents, pink hats, pink tennies...a-natural. Now there will be showers...so sort of like pure roughing it only with a few accomodations. I still need $705 to reach the goal. Thanks to my sister and parents, Laura, and Mary Margaret Oberkrom for calling out to your friends to help me get this far in gaining support. Thanks to all of you who have donated and supported me and the mission to find a cure for breast cancer. The saying goes, "Everyone Deserves A Lifetime" and I agree. I never knew it would be this hard to raise money. I have a huge appreciation for those who work for non-profits or are in ministry and HAVE to raise money in order to live. It is not easy and not something that I am very successful at doing. I am almost there! I am going to keep on training and trust that the donations will come in! If I don't raise the full amount, I can not participate in the walk. If you can, please help by visiting my 3 Day website to donate. Click on "Tiff 3 Day" to the right of this blog in the blog roll section of this page. Scroll down to the "Donate to Tiffany" button, click and enter your amount. It's so simple. Thanks so much!!
I won't be updating this blog until I reach my fundraising goal, so if you get sick of not seeing an update...tell a friend to donate to a wonderful cause! :) Thank you all and I too can not wait until the fundraising talk is over. I'll keep you posted in the comments section as we get closer to the goal. Love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
17 comments:
I'm pulling for you. I know you have been training for this for so long and I would hate for your efforts to be for nothing. I'll keep spreading the word.
Happy Update: Thanks to friends of Laura and Mary M, today we are closer to the goal! New total needed $665. THANKS SO MUCH!! I am amazed and humbled by the outreach from your friends. Walking 10 miles tomorrow, which is roughly 20,000 steps.
I was thinking about you this morning as I was breifly watching Volleyball on the Olympics. I hope you are able to enjoy watching some volleyball in the next couple of weeks.
i saw a bit of v-ball on the Olympics the other day and there was a girl from Russia who was literally as tall as the net! she was at least a head taller than all of the other tall girls! i found out from my other volleyball friend, holly, that she is 6 ft. 9 in. wow!
How exciting less than 25% to go!!!
Yes! Only $500 to go! We are getting closer! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!!
I know I said that I am not blogging until the goal is met but did anyone see the swim relay last night where we put France back in their place? I started in the seated position on the couch and ended up sitting on top of Ryan, hoopin' and a hollerin' at almost midnight last night! So great! Way to go USA!! I love the Olympics. I am so stoked for the v-ball...very unimpressed with Rogers and dollhauser or however you spell his name. I've never seean anyone more unexcited to be at the Olympics. Did anyone see him play today? I wonder if he had any more enthusiasm and energy today...He was like a bump on a log that just didn't care about anything on Saturday. Somebody give the man a Mountain Dew and kick it into gear already!!
I agree with the Olympics. It has been so exciting. I love swimming and soccer. I was jumping on the bed here in the hotel. I'm sure they love that. I have to wake up early again tomorrow to watch soccer. Luckily this game is at 6:30 and not 4:00.
Only $340 to go!!! It's amazing!!
I know of a bit more coming in. You are going to make it I know.
$240 to go. So my friend Laura (she may not want me to share this, but I'm gonna anyway) has helped me raise $435 for the walk for Breast Cancer. Not only that when asked by her sister what she wanted for her BIRTHDAY, she told her to take that money and donate to my walk. My heart has been blown away by Laura's kindness, dedication, and generosity to this project. I could not have done it without her. For my birthday, I'm making her fly here to celebrate with me...hmmm. What is wrong with this picture?
Tiffany,
There is nothing wrong with the picture. You are not making me do anything. I"m so excited to fly there for your birthday. I have been so excited to see the amount go up and up this week. You and the cause are worth it.
Laura
Only 6% to go.
Wow, $140 left to go. I really didn't think that I would see the day! I am so excited!
I had a great birthday weekend. I went to a Spin Doctors concert (reliving my youth) on Friday and then on Saturday went to a baseball game. I relaxed the rest of the weekend. My fave dessert is probably Cherry Pie or Cherry Cheesecake.
Tiff, have you met your goal 100%?
Post a Comment