

Today was Quadrant's 2nd Annual Whiffle ball tournament/Synergicnic. We have a picnic with 200+ people, a short team meeting, and then on to the whiffle ball. We had 16 teams this year and I participated with my showroom cohorts and some fellows from the Marketing department. My friend Wendy got some action shots of us playing so I will try to post some pics once I see them. We took 4th place. We played 6 games and were very pooped by the 6th game. My legs are kind of tired...and I am walking 15 miles tomorrow morning at 7:00 a.m. This will take Em and I approximately 4 hours to do. I will have water and snacks for the trek!


In other news, we are moving forward on purchasing a condo up here in the Issaquah Highlands. Interest rates are going back up and it gets us into some real estate out here...muy expensivo. There are so many great things about this place. It is located in the Highlands which is where we wanted to stay. It is an easy commute for me to work, it is still close to Bellevue and Seattle but is located out in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains which is beautiful. In the next 3 years they will be building a plethora of shops, a movie theater, and a market. Resale should be a breeze! The condo is in a complex that is part of the ARCH program which is a program that helps people who can't afford to buy in this area get homes so the prices are lower but that doesn't come without restrictions on then how much you can sell the house for when you want to move out as well as who can buy it...can't over or under qualify. BUT out of the whole complex, ARCH allowed the builder to have 3units that don't fall under these restrictions. The unit we are moving forward on is one of the 3 units. So we still got the unit for the lower price but will have no restrictions when we go to sell it in a few years. I am very excited to own again so that I can do whatever I please to the space. I am excited to be able to feed my creative design side once again. The unit we are trying to buy is a 2 bedroom...and now Ryan and I are trying to decide what to do with the extra room! He will probably win out...he wants a dedicated theater room. I also want this for him. But then again, I also have my ideas...
3 comments:
I'm so excited for you and the moving forward of owning a home. I know this has been a goal of yours for quite sometime.
Congrats on the move! So exciting. I loved your softball pictures! Too funny.
Sounds like a great place! Kirk and I are in the middle of the buying process, too. In an effort to not be too relaxed and unstressed, we are going to close at the end of July, with two weeks of work on the house before we can START to move and I applied for a teaching job, so might be starting my first year teaching (working with high school students with emotional and behavioral disorders) all while trying to fix up the house and move! Trying to stay busy I guess.
How did the 15 mile walk go?
Post a Comment