Saturday, July 26, 2008
The Thrill of the Sort!
I would have to say that I get a surge of excitement and anticipation before I go on a sorting mission. And what better excuse for a sorting mission than getting ready to move to a new place (which lately we try to do once a year...eesh). Laura mentioned she had a whole room to sort and I couldn't help but think how fun it would be to sort a WHOLE room! I love going through the process of the cleansing of the stuff and asking the questions of myself..."do I love this? Have we used this recently? Will we use it? Do I have space for it? Does it work into my design? Is it just clutter? Can I sell it on Craigs List or Ebay?" I love it!! This is my mission today. I am going to get an inventory of what we have, what it is we should move with us, and what will not be useful in the new place. Like for instance our window AC unit...can't use those in the Highlands and we don't have any single hung windows, all sliders, so our unit doesn't fit the criteria to move. See how fun that was! Now it goes in the sell on craigs list pile and we take a picture of it and post it online. Then someone will buy it and come and pick it up. It is all way too much fun for me. I wish I got paid to do it. I'd do it all day. The thrill of the sort!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I would pay you to sort my room. I made it through the room and I think I just moved the piles and no decisions were made. It is all too overwhelming for me.
Your enthusiasm is appreciated...I wish it was contagious. I always feel good after sorting and getting rid of things, but I hate the process!
We are enjoying time with your hubby...headed to dinner at Texas Star...wish you were here for some queso dip and chips! :)
I love sorting too!!! Could we be related?
it is a profession! don't you ever watch HGTV? they have professional organizers? i regularly do this for my friend and co-worker at the school, Nancy. she makes a huge mess of her tiny house and calls me in desperation. i plan on seeking reimbursement when we get into the new house and i need to recruit people to help paint!
tiff - if you don't already have one, you must purchase a label maker. i bought one this summer and i try to think of excuses to use it. maybe i'll blog about that.
Post a Comment