Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Shout out to Morissa!

Did I spell that right? Morissa is my sister's former college roommate and pharm friend from KU. I just found out she reads my blog from time to time and I am very honored that she stops by. And I hear CONGRATS are in order!

Newsy Bits from My World...

**Maverick nawed a bloody hole in his arm yesterday. It is gross and I don't think that the shots are working...hundreds of dollars later...she said with frustration and distaste.

**I'm 104% sure that I'm probably not going to meet my 3Day Walk Fundraising Goal and am pretty bummed about that.

**We are submitting all financial info to the lending institution for our condo and learned that if you can't find your W-2's from 2006 you can just walk right into the IRS office and ask for them and they print them right up for you...hmm, who knew?

**Despite bullet number 2, I will be attempting to walk like 17 miles on Saturday and 14 on Sunday or something crazy like that. Oddly enough...not losing any weight, but still eating pizza, so that might have something to do with it.

**Is it weird that my sister and I are both professionals in the work place but still go through each others clothes before we get rid of anything? Just gave Em a few bags before she went into Bartells to do her pharmacist thing. :) Old habits die hard.

**Sometimes I want to complain about the sun being too bright, but then I remember that it is cloudy for 75% of the year so then I don't.

**I'm trying to figure out the best way to give the walls in my new condo an aged look. I'm a little tired of the crisp and clean look...wanting something a little old and tired...not a fan of faux finishes but may try something. Any ideas?

**Got another "American Baby" mag in the mail today...thanks Mike. I'll save that one for you.

These are all the random thoughts for today. It is sunny and cool and beautiful. Mavie and i went for a stroll where as usual he pees on the busy corner and then poops right infront of the Issaquah Highlands Community Association Office. Good times!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love that you talk about Mavie's pee and poop.

tip: buy the expensive paint that is specifically designed to do cool faux finishes...most of the people who try to do it themselves with regular paint have walls that look like they've been finger-painted or had paint-y sponges thrown at them.

i hear you about the no losing weight thing...i've run 5 half marathons and only gained weight. figure that one out...still eating pizza though.

tiff said...

That's my fear...that it will look like someone took a sponge and dabbed it all over my walls. I just found a number to call on the ad of the inspiration room that I love...and you can press 2 to inquire about the paint technique! They are on eastcoast time so I'll have to call tomorrow. I am hoping that they will have all kinds of good instructions for me. I kinda figured I'd have to go for the expensive paint...ordure on a cudgel. Did you catch that one Erika? :) That one was for you.