Thursday, April 18, 2013

Time Flies

Time flies when you are having fun or when you are a sleep deprived mama of two with a bazillion things happening...maybe it doesn't fly so much as it just gets away from you. Since it's been about 6 months since I've posted anything, I'll try for a highlight reel here. Maybe, time will allow (hahahaha) to elaborate on some of the highlights. ;)

*Well, I had that baby! Sweet baby girl, Stella Ryan. The name Stella because it is super cute, girly, tough, edgy, fun to say, and goes great with Hudson...our other cool 1950's named kid...and Ryan after her daddy. :)



*Made it through my first Christmas at The Cottage and a Holiday Open House in town.



*Moved out of my little room at the Cottage and into the main space with All Dolled Up and Prairie Market! I am still so very excited about this! I am not only doing handmade items but also FOUND ITEMS! If you know me, you know I love old stuff so this is a dream come true. I love to treasure hunt and rescue "junk" from rotting away...and I've been in some rotten places lately...think rat poop and birds...eek! The store is so cute with this fun marriage of items from the 3 of us. Abbe's beautiful furniture re-dos, Courtney's beautiful style and sophisticated taste for whites, greys, and neutrals, and then the fabrics and textures that I bring. I do love primitive pieces so there is more of that in the store now too. I can't help myself! I love a good crate! I've put myself on a one crate in, one crate out house rule. Good grief.

*Basement remodel/finishing project. Ryan and our great neighbor took on plumbing the bathroom, installing sink, toilet, and shower/tub. Drywallers came. We've painted the walls and exposed ceiling. Last night we installed the carpet tiles for the flooring and stained the concrete in the bathroom. Whew! Two extended trips with the kids to my parents house so work could get done without having to consider nap times and bed times...and those were two trips that I had wished I had packed a little Sarraco.

*We tackled and won at potty training, colicky baby-I hate sleep baby, get the baby in the swaddle, now get the too big baby to sleep without the swaddle, and operation get toddler into big kid bed. Said toddler is even eating his food much better! I still can't get the dog to pee and poop in the grass, but he's blind now so I try to cut him some slack.

*We've planned a couple required-for-sanity vacations this year that we are really looking forward to, paid off some big bills that came up, and have reduced our debt even more...so exciting!

*I promise to try harder to update the blog more often...but I also promised myself to read more books and that isn't really happening yet. But we recently have acquired our evenings back from the baby that hates/hated sleep so you never know...

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Loved reading this and catching up on your life (even though I feel I knew a good part of it!). Love you, friend.

Amanda said...

Thank you for the update! It's crazy to be so close but still feel like I don't really know what's going on in your life! I can't even imagine all that you've tackled. I'm excited for your well deserved getaways :)

Laura said...

Can't wait for your and our getaways!!!