This is Hudson's daily phrase. He uses it when he walks into the living room and sees his trucks and toys strewn about. He says it when he goes to take a bath and the bath toys are still in the tub from the night before. He says it when he walks into my workroom and I've got burlap EVERYWHERE. It's pretty cute. Normally, I say, "It's your mess and you should probably pick it up." He usually does. :)
We are halfway through this pregnancy and have officially found out we are having a baby GIRL! Yay!! I am very excited for many reasons, but one of them is to be able to cross over into the baby girl side of the stores to fully ooooh and ahhhh over all the adorable clothing options baby girls have. I no longer need to look longingly from afar while I peruse the whole 2 racks of little boys clothing. It's been fun to start to talk to Hudson about his baby sister. Tonight he said, "Hi, baby stisser." It was cute. I tried to get out the phone to record him saying it, but then he just wants to watch himself as you try to record him doing anything...so it never really works out.
In anticipation of baby number 2's arrival, we have been rearranging the house. Moving rooms around, making space, and moving the stuff of one closet into another. My house has never been this unsettled for this long. I've always been one to get a whole house settled in a day our two at the most ( but, I've lived in a couple tiny places...the studio apartment just about did me in...closest I've ever been to a panic attack...but that's just because we moved from a 3 bedroom house in KS to a studio apt in the Seattle area...in the end it was beautiful and it worked just fine). And I LOVE moving into new spaces so I get a real high out of finding the perfect spot for everything. But this time has been different. Our lives are so slam packed right now and I tire quite easily so it's gone much much slower...and it's driving me just a little crazy. It's one of July's projects. But what I really wanted to tell you is that for the first time that we can really recall, we are sharing a closet...(even in the studio apartment, Ryan used the coat closet)...luckily we don't usually have to get dressed at the same time, because the one time we did we needed a traffic light.
I've been working feverishly lately to get ready for my first attempt at a summer shopping event for A Lady With A Baby. The basement has been converted into a showroom as best as a basement can be and we are ready to roll for tomorrow night. This is the point when I am always asking myself, "Did I make enough?" Will anyone even show up?" "Does it look stupid?" "Why do I think I can do this?" Then I have to answer myself: "It's as much product that is going to get made so there is nothing much more you can do about it. If no one shows up, then there is enough product here to boost your etsy shop up again and take some to the Cottage. Even if it does looks stupid, you did the best you could with what you've got. And you can do this because you are capable and you've done it before, so do the work and trust God to do the rest." OK! Ready, GO! Pics to come...
I asked Hudson if he wanted to go downstairs and look at my store. He got super excited, while a tad confused as to why we didn't need to get in the "big car" to go to the store. We walked down the stairs and around the corner and he took one look and said, "WHAT A MESS!" Man, I worked hard at that mess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment