


I have been really looking forward to this project for a fun new cover for my ironing board! I assure you that I actually did some sewing on this project even though you can't tell from these pictures. I learned 3 new techniques on this project. One: using the old item, in this case the old ironing board cover, as the pattern for the new item. Two: faux serging the edges so they don't ravel away. I'm sure there is a name for this stitch but I don't know it, so faux serging it is. And Three: sewing in elastic. Now that I've done all three of these things once, I feel that next time I could do a lot better. This has actually been the case in all the projects, as you can imagine. But THAT is why I'm taking the class, to develop this skillset.
The class I am taking is from www.frecklednest.com for those who are wondering. I am very excited to use some of my new "tools" that were given to me by my mom for my upcoming bday, including a rotary cutter and self-healing mat, a straight edge, extra bobbins, and more thread...you can't sew without more thread. Next up: pot holders!
2 comments:
Sew (sorry had to do it) impressed with the ironing board cover and all your other creations.
I love the pattern on the fabric you chose for your ironing board. Much more exciting than what you see in the store!
Post a Comment