Monday, June 21, 2010
Father's Day
I could not take care of Hudson without Ryan's help. I would not be pleasant to be around in the slightest. I got a small taste of what this would be like last week and it wasn't pretty. Ryan is in the midst of the busy season at work when the hours run long, past Hudson's bedtime (and my relief time). I really look forward to the time of day when he walks through the door and there is an extra set of hands to hold and entertain the baby. By Friday night last week, when he got home, I met him at the door and said, "peace out, homey" (not honey, I actually said homey). And then I took off to work on crafty stuff at Em's house. After fighting to get naps in all day and then the crankiness that sets in at night when bedtime is fast approaching and then the guessing game of will he fall asleep or will he cry forever before he's down for the night makes me weary. Ryan is a good daddy with renewed energy for Hudson when he gets home and gladly takes him off my hands to play for awhile. Then he gets him ready for bed, gives him a bottle and bounces him off into baby dream land. It's so great. It's great for him, Hudson, and for me. At that moment I can complete the task that I've been trying to get done all day or I can sit down and take a minute all to myself. I can leave the house alone if needed or I can start on dinner. So Happy Father's Day to Ryan who is a great daddy to Hudson and a wonderful relief in my day. I could not do it without you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You're welcome! It's the best part of the day for me. An absolute joy to come home to that little boy!
Post a Comment