He's my little boo-face. He's 5 months old and a big boy. He loves attention, especially from other kids. One of the greatest things still is what makes him laugh...the glow worm, Ryan yelling at the dog to stop licking, Uncle Matt trying to scare him, me taking a really big breath. You never know what is going to be funny to someone experiencing the world for the first time. What's not funny is rice cereal. If he could say "Pee-yak" he would. He mostly just says "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" with a slight variation in tone when he sticks his tongue out and then back in and then back out. He's way too big for his swing now, but I'm still using it b/c he will snooze in it. He moves his legs constantly which only tells me that he's going to be super busy once he's mobile. Good thing his knees are pudgy b/c I think he is going to need some padding on the tile floors.
It was really a great M-day weekend. Ryan handled the night wake-ups. I got to go out sans baby for the day in KC...so refreshing! I went to two shopping areas that I had never been to, the Legends and the Leawood Town Center, had lunch with Laura, got a pair of shoes and a couple coats (Two $600 coats for $49/ea...still bragging about that one), and still made it home in time to kiss Hudson before he went to bed. Sunday, Ryan gave me some beautiful flowers and then we bbq'd with new and old friends. Super good times.
Next weekend we are taking our first official family vacation...to Wichita. Well, we have to start small, people. ;) Mike is getting MARRIED! Since I used to live there I am actually excited about hitting my fave restaurants and shops. Maybe one day we will work up the courage to jump on a plane with a baby...yikes.
No comments:
Post a Comment