Monday, March 8, 2010

My party on Thursday went really well. The food was a hit! Thanks Michelle for the recipes and for being "on-call" while I was preparing food all day. I meant to take pics of the food after we had it all out but I was distracted so no final pics.


It was yet again a fantastically productive weekend. The guys did some mudding, taping, and electrical work in the basement.


Sunday we had to say good-bye to Jason who was on the EastLake Launch team from Seattle. He is returning home to Seattle and we are going to miss him and his presence on the team. He is clearly the coolest one of us all. With him gone now, we are not quite as cool. Here's a pic from yesterday morning's rehearsal.


And my baby is 3 months old! He has started to like sitting in the bumbo. He still likes the swing and laying under his floor gym. He smiles a lot (just not for this picture) and has even started laughing a little bit. His hair still sticks straight up and just keeps getting longer. He sleeps a good 12 hours straight most every night which has been fantastic. We attribute this to Ryan's "super swaddle". I think if it works we'll just swaddle him for the next 8 years or so. Most of his early clothes no longer fit and I have stopped trying to force him into them (so what if his legs can't straighten). He is now on formula and that seems to be making him a tad more chunky. :) But who doesn't love a chunky baby. He loves his monkey and glow worm and talks to them frequently. He still loves to eat his hands so they almost always smell like...well, like rotten. He's super kissable and I love him.

5 comments:

Erika said...

The picture of the food labels made me want to see the food!! I'm sure you made it very fun and enjoyable!
And the little face at the bottom is way cute!!

Debi said...

12 hours? My daughter is thrilled when she gets a 5 hour stretch. Your boy is a super sleeper!

tiff said...

I'm telling you it's the "Ryan super swaddle".

Laura said...

I want someone to swaddle me so I will sleep through the night.

Amy said...

Oh my word! What a precious smooshy face! He is too cute for any real words. It makes me want to say, blib bloo bla bean. And, I mean every word I say!