Saturday, November 14, 2009

38 weeks and Counting

Things pregnancy has taught me:

*When my belly "button" is pushed it causes an involuntary slapping reflex. You've been warned.

*I can get really irritated at an amazing speed. I even surprise myself. This might be Ryan's favorite pregnancy quality. :)

*Strange things happen to your body that you would think would be totally unrelated to pregnancy...sore gums, finger joint pain, acne, insomnia, restless legs, unnecessary weight gain in the arms, legs, chin, etc.

*Other things that I suppose you would expect...fat fingers, feet, ankles, and everything else, really hard to shave the legs, it becomes somewhat normal for your belly to just jump around and in my case be lopsided most of the time, etc

*People like pregnant people and like to smile at you.

*There is a LOT of baby stuff out there!

*"Morning" sickness can last all day and until you are 18 weeks along and it SUCKS. Throw in a massive kidney stone for extra suckiness and that's what I call a good time.

*I am not immune to stretch marks, dang it.

*I have a very loving group of support people in my life, near and far.

*On the total plus side, this is the first period of time that I can recall since 6th grade that I have not worried/thought about losing weight.

*Laps are so useful and not having one has been a little inconvenient.

* I do not like prenatal vitamins, flintstones are really all I can handle. I tried to make a deal with a 4 year old to trade me all his grape ones for the cherry ones.

*The 2nd trimester is the most fun when you are pleasantly pregnant, have energy, can eat whatever again, and don't feel like you are dying.

*I am a better version of myself when not pregnant. :)

*Finding out that I was pregnant on April Fool's Day with my family was a day to remember. I'm so glad it happened that way. If all goes accordingly they will also be there as he makes his entrance into the world...well maybe not all of them in the room with me. I go back to the dr. on Monday for the next progress update.

2 comments:

emcox said...

You are pretty funny. Who is this 4 year old you tried to swap vitamins with? I can't imagine you approaching an unknown child in Walmart.

Laura said...

I love your honesty about what you are feeling at this time. So I think your blog just gave up on me updating and decided to just leave me at the bottom of the blog roll.