Here's Mavie demonstrating the Bumbo at the shower.
Monday, October 19, 2009
The Lasts Before the Firsts
We are in the season of the lasts before the firsts. A couple weeks ago we went to my parents for the weekend and I found myself saying, "Well, next time we come up we will probably have a baby with us!" This has been followed by several more occasions of saying "see ya later" to people with the same sort of convos. This weekend was my baby shower put on by Carmen and Em which was the last big "hurrah" before the baby gets here. We have no more trips planned out of town and besides EastLake's next service there are no big events planned between now and when he makes his debut into the world. We had our pre-admission appointment at the hospital today where we signed paperwork, decided if Ryan would cut the cord, if I wanted ice chips and popcicles, baby pics or no, what door to go through on the big day, hearing test, how do I want the labor/delivery to go in general, etc. I have made the final list of items I need from Target for the baby and am getting ready to make that trip. I am getting ready to pack my hospital bag and determine which tv series that I haven't seen is going to be my distraction during labor since the hospital has wireless and hulu is my friend. The dr checked today and the baby is head down (hello brain rush!?) The time is drawing near when labor WILL happen, delivery WILL happen, and we WILL have a baby boy to take home (and keep alive). And besides just being entirely too emotional, I feel pretty calm about the whole thing. The nurse at my appointment today did ask me if I wanted the baby put on my abdomen immediately after he is born...ummm...ew. As I looked to Ryan for help, he just looked like he was going to laugh. I know the strong motherly types wouldn't even hesitate to say absolutely, plop him on there with all of my insides smeared all over him. The nurse assured me that I would have a protective sheet over me so the ooey-gooey-ness would not get on me so I decided to bite the bullet and I agreed to let them use me as their table for clean up. I still think it sounds disgusting, however I am awfully selfish and I can't have everyone else in the room meeting him face to face before I do.
Here's Mavie demonstrating the Bumbo at the shower.
Here's Mavie demonstrating the Bumbo at the shower.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It was great to see you this weekend and shower you with love and gifts.
Loved seeing you at the shower, Tiff. Please, please, please call me anytime (day or night) if you need anything---even just someone to listen or a distraction! I really truly mean it. Have I mentioned that I mean it? :)
Here's to lasts and firsts!
Tiff, just try your best and that will be good enough! You will be a wonderful mama!! And as for holding the baby, you will feel so beyond feeling grose at that moment, that it most likely won't even phase you. :)
I so get the having him plopped down on you afterwards..I did it and it was no big deal because like "paprika" said you are way past GROSE at that point. However I did prefer ALL my babies cleaned up. John had to actually hold the babies on me just so they wouldn't roll off..no more energy or care at that point to hold a baby. Never been so wiped in my LIFE! But once they were cleaned up and I had 15 minutes or 3 hours not sure about time, to not think about baby..awww thats the moment of pure happiness and LOVE beyond your understanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment