Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Next Adventure???

So our family has now been both indirectly and directly impacted by the economy. Indirectly, I've had to layoff my team members (those were seriously sucky days), a family member lost his job and has since found a new one, wages have been frozen, sales have decreased, and now Ryan has lost his job. They are closing 7 Magnolia stores and his store is one of them. He will work to clearance out the store for the next week or so and then... Well we don't know. They are offering a nice severance pkg, so we aren't "freaking" out. But this certainly could open new doors. As far as we can tell there are 5 hopeful avenues that Ryan will pursue prior to heading on over to the local golf course for a job. Some in Seattle, some not. So does this mean that there is yet another adventure on the horizon? That's how we are looking at it. God just guides us around the country and so far that has been quite fun. Although...I sorta really like it out here. I have become a huge fan of mild temps, no bugs, mountains, water, any restaurant(except for sonic), any shopping (except for Super Target), my job is pretty cool, my few new friends are really cool, my church is super cool... So if you will pray with us as Ryan explores these 5 options to see if they are infact viable opportunities. That our decisions would be wise, responsible and fruitful. That in the end, Ryan has a secure job. And for trust in God as we walk through this time of unknowing, cuz stress does ugly things to a marriage, from past experiences. At this time we are not discouraged, but hopeful of the next steps. Only God knows what those steps are.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting Tiffany that you did not buy a house/condo here in Seattle...wonder what God's plans are for you and Ryan?? You will know soon enough the reason behind Ryan's career change. Gods plans are the best plans! I am excited to see what happens! He is never early, never late, always right on time! Praise God for the nice severence package!!!

Anonymous said...

Couldn't have said it better myself Babe! You are truly an amazing person that I don't deserve and I can't wait for you to come home. Oh, and Mavie said he loves you too.

Laura said...

I am praying for both of you and your next adventure. Continue to stand on your faith knowing what is best will come in the end. Maybe that is closer to me (just being a little selfish, I hope that is allowed, but probably not.)

Carmen said...

Wow, guys! This is all hitting close to home these days. We are curious about what avenues ya'll will be pursuing. Keep us posted, of course. Love you!

Erika said...

You two DO have some great adventures. I, too, will pray and keep my ears posted. And I think Ryan's comment was my favorite thing about this post. :) So sweet.