We just decided to change our hotel reservation for one that was more downtown DC and used Hotwire to do so. This was a interesting experience as they don't tell you where you are booking until after you book! Never fear, we are at the Capital Hilton and for a good rate. Has anyone tried hotwire and then had a bad experience once you got there? We're giving it a shot, but I'm still curious.
I would also like to say that I think it is the BUM%@$#'s that nearly every airline is charging to check a bag! Come on now. How is anyone supposed to take their crap with them for a whole week and carry it on. ESPECIALLY with all the liquid restrictions!!!! You're hitting me from every angle!! Pretty soon, no one will pack anything, but just go shopping once they get where they are going. People will go straight from the airport to Target and then to their hotel. Unless you're Mike and can fit all you need for life in your cargo pants. You will not find me wearing cargo pants. I'm way too short and cargo pants only make me look wider than I already am. So then say I shove everything into my uber-large bag that starts at 10lbs to begin with and then if it crosses over the 50 lb mark, they charge me again. I find this to be infuriating! Grrr. I guess if it somehow saves american jobs, I should be more compassionate.
I am looking forward to the trip, airport offenses aside. Ryan is coming along on this trip and we will explore the Cap for a few days. Ryan will head back and a 2 day Myers Briggs training will follow in DC. Then I will be stopping over in KC for a quick visit with the fam and home on Sunday! Whew, glad I have Monday's off.
I'm so excited this opportunity came as I my interest in American history began peaking! Too cool.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Enjoy DC. My fave place was the Holocaust museum. It was just so real.
Will do. Call you soon.
Half the stuff in my pants isn't allowed on an airplane anyway! :)
Did that sound bad?
Mike I am seriously containing myself not to laugh too hard here in the office.
I also forgot to mention that I have used priceline to stay in a hotel a few times. Never did I have a bad experience. However, once Kyle booked through them for the youth group once. I don't think he gave all the facts, so we had 3 rooms all with king size beds for 7 teenagers and 4 adults. Luckily it was only one night. The hotel was fine, just not enough rooms.
Mike, my parents read this blog, so keep it PG man. :) Good one though.
Post a Comment