So my friend Laura is spending a lot of time in Wichita these days which has me thinking about all of my Wichita Faves. So I thought that I would throw them out there for her and anyone else who frequents Wi-Chita. These are in no particular order.
1. CINNAMON'S DELI and the Cranky Turkey Sandwich! There is a location on the eastside and one on the westside. I frequented the westside one at least 3-4 times a week at one point. The Cranky Turkey Sandwich is a wonderful blend of grilled french bread, cream cheese, cranberry, turkey, and lettuce. Mmmm-Mmmm!
2. Frou Frou! This little boutique has oodles of jewelry and girlie stuff. I believe now they even have shoes. It is a fun little place to visit in the Shops at Tallgrass.
3. Jason and Michelle Worley! Very fun and funny couple who in my experience love a good meal and game night. She may even bust out some hip hop moves for you if you ask nicely.
4. Warren Theaters! Now we have frequented a lot of movie theaters around the country and by far the Warren experience is the BEST that we have ever had. Great picture, great sound, great chairs...I especially like the one in old town with the button that you push for a waiter, who in turn brings you drinks and snacks.
5. Quik Trips and Super Targets! Now I know these aren't just Wichita specific, but we don't have these out here and I miss them. Enjoy your big old clean Quik Trips with oodles of drink options, fast and friendly service and a "see you next time". As well as your big nice, clean fully stocked Targets with groceries because out here we've got yuck and double yuck.
6. Bella Luna Cafe! I'm a little food driven, so please excuse me...there is a pasta dish in some sort of lobster sauce and it is to DIE for. It will make you go, go, go the next day, but TOTALLY worth it. Bella Luna is located in Bradley Fair.
7. Christiane's Closet! This little consignment shop in the Green Elephant Village. She carries some great stuff, but what I really liked is that she sold my old stuff so that I could buy new stuff. The owner's name is Christy and she is super nice.
8. Holiday Galleria! I do apologize because this event took place last weekend, but look for it next year. It is a insanely early start to the holiday season, but it is such a great girls night out. I have a shopping friend in Wichita whose name is Lori and we loved to go out and find treasures and this is one of them. There are vendors there from all over the place with their goods for a couple days. We especially liked a shop from Colorado that had great one of a kind jewelry.
9. Healing Waters Spa! Exellent Massages. Need I say more?
10. Abode Home! This is a fun and trendy furniture/home decor spot off of Douglas Ave east of downtown a little bit. It is just fun to go look around and let your toes run free over the plush rugs.
11. YMCA! I haven't been to a gym since I left there and often times I do miss it. I worked out there with a great little trainer for a time who kicked my butt in a good way. Ryan and I also played on an intramural volleyball team AND took salsa dance lessons at the YMCA. And there are at least 7 locations all over Wichita.
12. Nature Walk! I don't recall the name of the area but it is at 29th and Woodlawn, parking off of 29th. There are short trails and longer trails through the trees and over ponds. It is a great area to get some exercise or just enjoy a stroll.
13. Other restaurant faves: Hog Wild Pit BBQ, Sonic (again, don't have those here...still have the commercials...but no Sonics...), The Good Egg, Ted's Montana Grill, Jimmy's Diner, River City Brewery in Old Town...I'm sure there are more that just aren't coming to mind at this moment.
To my friend Laura, I hope you find your own Wichita favorites on your adventure there but feel free to enjoy some of mine!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
This made me happy. The city needs to hire you. I will begin trying these places the more I'm here. I already know I love Bella Luna. The food is great and any place named Luna can't be bad. Thanks for sharing.
This made me happy, too. Sometimes I long to live in a bigger city with what I assume would have more to do, but really...we Wichitans have it pretty good. Laura, glad your here! We need to get together. Tiff, I miss you :(
Isn't Bella Luna the place we went at a KGR and Meesh and I got hummus?? That was fantastic!!
Yes Bella Luna has fabulous hummus.
yeah, while you guys ate fabulous hummus I decided to watch the football game with the guys and promptly had a Mr. Pibb dumped on me by a hung-over waiter! If I could have a "do-over" I'd choose hummus.
Post a Comment